What to eat after Bariatric Surgery
- Adequate nutrition is a must to remain hydrated, have skin elasticity, hydration, maintain lean body mass, and minimize hair loss. This can be achieved through vitamin and mineral supplementation
- Have a high protein diet to assist in healing in the stomach and minimize the loss of lean body mass
- Drink enough fluid between meals to stay hydrated. Do not drink fluids 30 minutes before meals or while eating
- Chew food carefully and thoroughly
- Severely limit consumption of sugars as they can cause individuals who have undergone gastric bypass surgery to feel sweaty, light-headed, or faint. Sugar can also cause "dumping syndrome."
- Avoid high fat foods as they can cause nausea and hamper weight loss.